By using your trading points, acquired from a Spacebank, you can secure a holiday at a different resort from within the RCI accommodation pool, after paying an Exchange fee.
An RCI membership allows you to exchange into thousands of resorts within Southern Africa and internationally.
Exchanging your holiday ownership takes three easy steps:
1. Spacebank your timeshare with RCI
2. Start searching for your RCI holiday in good time
3. Book your holiday on RCI.co.za or by calling our Call Center
Fees and Trading Values
Trading points and an exchange fee may be payable to RCI on confirmation of your Exchange holiday (depending on your ownership type). All bookings are subject to the RCI terms and conditions.
Tips for a successful Exchange holiday
- Be flexible – choose at least three resort/region options and three check-in dates
- Search for accommodation with a similar value to your ownership
- Search for accommodation within the points range you have available
- Internationally, exchanges are done on a week-for-week basis (the points received for a Spacebanked week will be the points used for an international exchange)
- Locally, search for accommodation checking in within the same season as your ownership or into a lower season
- Start planning and booking your local holiday as early as possible for your next year’s holidays (subject to resort calendar availability)
- International holidays can be requested up to two years in advance (subject to resort calendar availability)
- Make sure that your membership fee is paid through to the year in which you are booking
- Remember, resorts are more limited in city centers
*If you own points from a points-based club, call RCI's Club Reservations to see what stock is available.