Extra trading points – If you Spacebank your holiday ownership 6 months or more prior to the check-in date you receive 10% additional trading points.
35 Bonus Holiday days - Bonus Holidays allow you to holiday without using your trading points if, for example, you are saving your points for an international holiday or if you would like to extend your Exchange holiday. Bonus Holidays, on average, are 20% less than one would pay for the same resorts on the open market. You will need to Spacebank your timeshare in order to qualify for RCI® Bonus Holidays.* Refer to Extra Holidays for more information.
Your Holiday Requests – should there be no availability at your desired resort, use your trading points to request a holiday. In doing so, you add your name to the Waitlist. The earlier you do so, the higher the possibility of a suitable holiday matching against your request.
Points you’ll receive when banking:
|180+ days before check-in date:
||110% trading points
|60 - 179 days before check-in date:
||100% trading points
|39 - 59 days before check-in date:
||80% trading points
|29 - 38 days before check-in date:
||60% trading points
|19 - 28 days before check-in date:
||25% trading points
|09 - 18 days before check-in date:
||10% trading points
|00 - 08 days before check-in date:
||0% trading points
RCI® is always trying to serve you better and have waived the rule of non-acceptance of late local Spacebanks. This means that you can now Spacebank up to the day of check-in in order to still qualify for 35 days Bonus Holidays.
RCI® also allows you to accumulate your trading points from this year and carry them over to use next year. In this way, you get more trading power and, therefore, more flexibility and choice.
How to Spacebank your timeshare:
Conventional/Traditional timeshare owners
Depending on your ownership type, you can Spacebank online now and immediately start booking holidays.
Fixed/Floating timeshare owners
- Go to Manage my Membership > Spacebank
- Select the ownership you would like to Spacebank
- You will receive immediate confirmation of your successful Spacebank. (Should your resort implement a levy verification, your week will go into a Pending Verification status and will only be Spacebanked once your managing agent has verified your levy.)
Flexi timeshare owners
- Contact your resort and ask them to Spacebank your ‘week’ with RCI®
- RCI® will receive a week and unit number, in writing, from your resort. This will be added to your file.
- Your week will then be Spacebanked.
Points-based club owners
- Call RCI® to check availability.
- Call your club head office and inform them of the type of grading and season to be banked.
- RCI® will receive a fax from the club with a resort, week and unit number, which will be added to your file.
Club Mykonos, Global Grand Vacation Club and Sun International:
- Call RCI® and choose the ‘Clubs’ option on the telephonic menu.
- Ask the consultant to Spacebank your week.
Quality Vacation Club:
- Call RCI® to check availability for international exchanges.
- Once you have decided, the consultant will forward the type of grading, unit size and season to the respective club.
- Your points will be transferred to your file.
*Subject to availability (based on a like-for-like holiday exchange principle) and ownership.