By using your trading points, acquired from a Spacebank, you can secure a holiday at a different resort from within the RCI® accommodation pool, after paying an Exchange fee.
An RCI® membership allows you to exchange into approximately 5 000 resorts within Southern Africa and internationally.
Exchanging your holiday ownership takes three easy steps:
1. Spacebank your timeshare with RCI®
2. Start searching for your RCI® holiday in good time
3. Book your holiday on rci.co.za
Fees and Trading Values
Trading points and an exchange fee may be payable to RCI® on confirmation of your Exchange holiday (depending on your ownership type). All bookings are subject to the RCI® terms and conditions.
Tips for a successful Exchange holiday
- Be flexible – choose at least three resort/region options and three check-in dates
- Search for accommodation with a similar value to your ownership
- Search for accommodation within the points range you have available
- Internationally, exchanges are done on a week-for-week basis (the points received for a Spacebanked week will be the points used for an international exchange)
- Locally, search for accommodation checking in within the same season as your ownership or into a lower season
- Start planning and booking your local holiday as early as possible for your next year’s holidays (subject to resort calendar availability)
- International holidays can be requested up to two years in advance (subject to resort calendar availability)
- Make sure that your membership fee is paid through to the year in which you are booking
- Remember, resorts are more limited in city centers
*If you own points from a points-based club, call RCI®'s Club Reservations to see what stock is available.